Saturday, December 3, 2011

Summer Days

It's December 3rd and it's only slightly chilly outside. Some of the trees around campus still have browned and wrinkled leaves clinging, fearlessly, to the branches. Maine, where is the below 18 degrees winter havoc that you have greeted me with for the past 3 years? Well, if you can hold off on the foot loads of snow, hail and murderous icicles for just a bit longer...25 days to be exact, it'd make my return to the U.S. at the end of January slightly easier to bear. Yep, soon enough I can stop longing for summer days. The average temperature in Buenos Aires for the past weeks hovered around 80 fahrenheit, perfection. By the time I land in the city, however, the heat spell will likely have peaked 98 (consider that a conservative estimate if you're a Buenos Aires native). I'm not expecting a beach vacation in the tropical south this JanPlan, but I expect to drug myself on sunlight, gentle breezes, greenery, and no need to mention, alfajores and some fine Argentine wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment